The South Metro Water Supply Authority (SMWSA) is pleased to offer the next QWEL class in Castle Rock, Colorado.
COST: The fee for this certification course is $75.00. There are TWO steps to registering for this class.
1. Click the button below "Register for this Class" and follow the prompts to register for the QWEL database first (meaning your account username/email and password) and then this specific class next. Please use your personal email rather than current employer as this certification follows the individual rather than the company employee. This is also how you will receive your exam score, certificate once earned, updates and CEU opportunities in the future, so you must be in the QWEL database before receiving your certification.
2. Payment should be made after you register on QWEL. Please pay for your registration on Event Brite by clicking HERE.
MATERIALS: Materials will be provided in class and the reference manual can be viewed HERE. Please be sure to bring a pen or pencil and a calculator (smartphone apps are fine, but we ask that you use only the calculator during the exam).
The QWEL curriculum includes the following sections:
1. Where Our Water Comes From
2. Sustainable Landscaping
4. Landscape Water
5. Irrigation Systems
6. Irrigation Maintenance & Troubleshooting
7. Irrigation Auditing
8. Irrigation Scheduling
9. Irrigation Controllers
10. Bringing It All Together
1. This QWEL class will be hosted by Castle Rock Water (CRW) for the classroom portions of the curriculum. From Hwy I-25, you will take the Meadows Pkwy exit and then head south on Santa Fe Rd/US Hwy 85, and then make a slight right onto Liggett Road. From Liggett, turn left onto Kellogg Court, then look for and turn into Gate C. HERE is a map for parking. The training room is on the 2nd Floor.
2. For the irrigation audit, the class will be split into two groups for two separate audit cycles, so timing will be confirmed with both groups on the first day of class. The irrigation audit will take place at Arbor Valley Wholesale Nursery, 2979 N. Highway 83, Franktown, CO 80116.
WHEN (FOUR DAYS REQ'D):
1. December 10, 8:00-5:00 (CRW)
2. December 11, 9:00-2:00 (Arbor Valley Wholesale Nursery in Franktown)
3. December 12 8:00-5:00 (CRW)
4. December 13 8:00-3:30 (CRW) for a morning review session and the exam. You may leave as soon as your exam is complete.
Lunch will be provided to registrants on December 10 and 12, and breakfast and coffee will be available on December 13 (no meals provided on irrigation audit day as the class will go in smaller groups and not be required to stay the full day). Please contact Mikal Martinez with SMWSA directly to let her know of any serious allergies/restrictions you may have ahead of time.
The class includes an irrigation audit and exam, both of which are required to earn the QWEL professional certification.
Please arrive on time and prepared each day and plan to attend the full course.
Castle Rock Water
171 Kellogg Court
Castle Rock, CO 80109
View in Google Maps
Presenter: Lisa Darling, SMWSA Thomas Riggle, CWSD Nicole Opalinski, PWSD Rick Schultz and Linda Gould, Castle Rock Water
Tuesday, December 10th, 2019 8:00 am-5:00 pm - Location: Castle Rock Water
Wednesday, December 11th, 2019 9:00 am-2:00 pm - Location: Arbor Valley Wholesale Nursery
Thursday, December 12th, 2019 8:00 am-5:00 pm - Location: Castle Rock Water
Friday, December 13th, 2019 8:00 am-3:30 pm - Location: Castle Rock Water
Registration Closes: 12/10/2019
Sponsored by: South Metro Water Supply Authority
For more information, contact:Mikal Martinez
Online Registration is not available.