Annual renewal of your QWEL certificate is FREE, but requires that you participate in continuing education that relates to irrigation and water management. Continuing education is self-reported through the QWEL Pro Intranet. Two (2) continuing education units (CEUs) are required each calendar year.
WHAT QUALIFIES AS A QWEL CEU?
- Attend irrigation or green industry short courses, seminars, or webinars. Each hour of training equals one (1) CEU. Refreshment and meal breaks are not eligible as training time.
- Attend irrigation or green industry trade shows, field days or meetings. One (1) CEU per event.
- Teach or attend an in-house irrigation training courses, in-person or online. These courses will normally be conducted by irrigation or green industry manufacturers, distributors, dealer or QWEL certified in-house company staff. Each hour of instruction equals (1) CEU.
- Conduct an irrigation audit. One (1) audit for one (1) CEU per year.
- At least one (1) CEU must relate to efficient irrigation.
IDEAS FOR QWEL CEUs
EFFICIENT IRRIGATION TOPICS
- Irrigation systems
- Drip irrigation
- Weather based irrigation controllers
- Soil moisture sensing technologies
- Flow sensing technologies
- Irrigation scheduling
- Water budgeting
GREEN INDUSTRY TOPICS
- Sustainable landscaping
- Green stormwater infrastructure
- Rainwater harvesting
- Horticulture and landscape maintenance
- Integrated Pest Management
ONLINE CEU OPPORTUNITIES
CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR OTHER PROGRAMS
QWEL certification workshops are approved for continuing education for the following organizations and certifications.
|Organization or Certification
||Number of CEUs
|Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD)
|National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP)
|Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS)