Annual renewal of your QWEL certificate is FREE, but requires that you participate in continuing education that relates to irrigation and water management. Continuing education is self-reported through the QWEL Pro Intranet. Two (2) continuing education units (CEUs) are required each calendar year. You must first log in before submitting CEUs. To continue, click on your name in the upper right hand corner and choose "Add CEUs"
WHAT QUALIFIES AS A QWEL CEU?
- Attend irrigation or green industry short courses, seminars, or webinars. Each hour of training equals one (1) CEU. Refreshment and meal breaks are not eligible as training time.
- Attend irrigation or green industry trade shows, field days or meetings. One (1) CEU per event.
- Teach or attend an in-house irrigation training courses, in-person or online. These courses will normally be conducted by irrigation or green industry manufacturers, distributors, dealer or QWEL certified in-house company staff. Each hour of instruction equals (1) CEU.
- Conduct an irrigation audit. One (1) audit for one (1) CEU per year.
- At least one (1) CEU must relate to efficient irrigation.
IDEAS FOR QWEL CEUs
EFFICIENT IRRIGATION TOPICS
- Irrigation systems
- Drip irrigation
- Weather based irrigation controllers
- Soil moisture sensing technologies
- Flow sensing technologies
- Irrigation scheduling
- Water budgeting
GREEN INDUSTRY TOPICS
- Sustainable landscaping
- Green stormwater infrastructure
- Rainwater harvesting
- Horticulture and landscape maintenance
- Integrated Pest Management
ONLINE CEU OPPORTUNITIES
CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR OTHER PROGRAMS
QWEL certification workshops are approved for continuing education for the following organizations and certifications.
|Organization or Certification
||Number of CEUs
|Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD)
|National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP)
|Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS)