The South Metro Water Supply Authority (SMWSA) is pleased to offer the next QWEL class in Castle Rock, Colorado.
FEBRUARY 14 - FEBRUARY 16, 2022
COST: The fee for this certification course is $100.00 (+ EventBrite's processing fee).
LOCATION: Castle Rock Water, 171 Kellogg Ct., Castle Rock, CO 80109.
CONTACT: Please contact Mikal Martinez with SMWSA (mobile: 303-483-3143) with any questions, for directions, or to let her know of any food allergies/restrictions ahead of time.
REGISTRATION: There are TWO steps to registering for this class.
1. Click the button "Register for this Class" below. Follow the prompts to register for your personal QWEL account first (account username, create a password). Next, register for this specific class. Please keep your login credentials for future use (downloading certificate, entering CEUs, QWEL Pro status).
2. Make your payment after you register for your QWEL account and this training. Please pay for your registration on EventBrite by clicking HERE. With a limited number of seats, payment must be received no later than 5pm on February 10, 2022, or your seat cannot be guaranteed.
MATERIALS: The reference manual PDF can be viewed HERE; however, a hardcopy of this book will be provided to you at the start of class. Everything you need for the irrigation audit will be provided. Lunch will be provided all three days. Please be sure to bring your own refillable water bottle, notepaper, pen, and a calculator (smartphones are allowed, provided you use only the calculator feature during the exam).
COVID CONSIDERATIONS: Please stay home if you are feeling ill. Please use hand sanitizer provided, appropriately socially distance, and wear a mask while in the classroom.
The QWEL curriculum includes the following sections:
1. Where Our Water Comes From
2. Sustainable Landscaping
4. Landscape Water
5. Irrigation Systems
6. Irrigation Maintenance & Troubleshooting
7. Irrigation Auditing
8. Irrigation Scheduling
9. Irrigation Controllers
10. Bringing It All Together
WHEN ( ALL 3 DAYS REQUIRED):
1. Monday, February 14, 2022 - 8:00a-5:00p
2. Tuesday, February 15, 2022 - 8:00a-5:00p
3. Wednesday, February 16, 2022 - 8:00a-4:00p
The class includes an irrigation audit and exam, both of which are required to earn the QWEL professional certification. Please arrive on time, prepared, and plan to attend the full course.
Castle Rock Water
171 Kellogg Court
Castle Rock, CO 80109
View in Google Maps
Presenter: Lisa Darling, South Metro Water Supply Authority; Rick Schultz & Linda Gould, Castle Rock Water; Thomas Riggle, Centennial Water & Sanitation District
Monday, February 14th, 2022 8:00 am-5:00 pm - Location: Castle Rock Water
Tuesday, February 15th, 2022 8:00 am-5:00 pm - Location: Castle Rock Water
Wednesday, February 16th, 2022 8:00 am-5:00 pm - Location: Castle Rock Water
Registration Closes: 02/11/2022
Sponsored by: South Metro Water Supply Authority
For more information, contact:Mikal Martinez
Online Registration is not available.