The South Metro Water Supply Authority (SMWSA) is pleased to offer the next QWEL class in Castle Rock, Colorado.
COST: The fee for this certification course is $100.00.
LOCATION: This QWEL class will be held at The Grange, 3692 Meadow Blvd., Castle Rock, CO 80109. Please contact Mikal Martinez with SMWSA (mobile: 303-483-3143) directly with any questions, if you need directions, or to let her know of any food allergies/restrictions you may have ahead of time.
REGISTRATION: There are TWO steps to registering for this class.
1. Click the button "Register for this Class" below and follow the prompts to register for the QWEL database first (you must create your account username (personal email) and password if you don't already have a login). Once you have a login, you can register for this specific class. Please use your personal email rather than an employer email as this certification belongs to the individual rather than the company. You will receive your exam score, certificate, and any updates and CEU opportunities in the future by email. Please keep your login credentials for future use.
2. Payment should be made after you register on a QWEL user account and then for this specific training. Please pay for your registration on EventBrite by clicking HERE. With a limited number of seats, payment must be received no later than 5pm on May 21st, or your seat may not be guaranteed.
MATERIALS: The reference manual PDF can be viewed HERE; a hardcopy of this book will be provided to you at the start of class. Everything you need for the irrigation audit will be provided. Lunch will be provided all three days. Please be sure to bring your own refillable water bottle, notepaper and pens, and a calculator (smartphones are allowed, provided you use only the calculator feature during the exam).
COVID CONSIDERATIONS: Please do not travel from another region to attend this class at this time. At check-in each day, staff will screen for fevers at the door and ask about any recent exposure or symptoms. Please stay home if you are feeling ill. Please use hand sanitizer provided, appropriately socially distance, wear a mask, and, weather-permitting, lunch may be outside.
The QWEL curriculum includes the following sections:
1. Where Our Water Comes From
2. Sustainable Landscaping
4. Landscape Water
5. Irrigation Systems
6. Irrigation Maintenance & Troubleshooting
7. Irrigation Auditing
8. Irrigation Scheduling
9. Irrigation Controllers
10. Bringing It All Together
WHEN ( ALL 3 DAYS REQUIRED):
1. Monday, May 24, 2021 - 8:00a-5:00p
2. Tuesday, May 25, 2021 - 8:00a-5:00p
3. Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 8:00a-4:00p (folks may leave once they're done with their exam)
The class includes an irrigation audit and exam, both of which are required to earn the QWEL professional certification. Please arrive on time and plan to attend the full course.
3692 Meadows Blvd.
Castle Rock, CO 80109
View in Google Maps
Presenter: Lisa Darling, South Metro Water Supply Authority; Rick Schultz & Linda Gould, Castle Rock Water; Laura Coutu, East Cherry Creek Valley W&SD; Thomas Riggle, Centennial W&SD
Monday, May 24th, 2021 8:00 am-5:00 pm - Location: The Grange
Tuesday, May 25th, 2021 8:00 am-5:00 pm - Location: The Grange
Wednesday, May 26th, 2021 8:00 am-5:00 pm - Location: The Grange
Registration Closes: 05/21/2021
Sponsored by: South Metro Water Supply Authority
For more information, contact:Mikal Martinez
Online Registration is not available.