BENEFITS OF ADOPTING QWEL
QWEL is available for adoption by retail water agencies, non-government organizations, and educational institutions.
Benefits of adopting QWEL include:
- WaterSense labeled Professional Certification Program—a mark of distinction.
- Listing of QWEL certified professionals on both the QWEL and WaterSense websites.
- Use of QWEL teaching materials:
- Reference manual.
- PowerPoint slides.
- Teaching and customization guides.
- Marketing materials to promote QWEL:
- To landscape professionals to become QWEL certified.
- To homeowners and property managers to hire a QWEL Pro.
- QWEL website and database:
- Listing of QWEL certified professionals.
- Listing of events and classes.
- Exam grading and certificate issuance.
- Email communication with QWEL professionals.
- Continuing education tracking and certificate renewal.
- Secure portals for PCO administration and for QWEL professionals.
STEPS FOR ADOPTING QWEL
- Get in touch using the contact form to obtain further details and an application form. Tell us a bit about your organization and plans for the QWEL program.
- Prepare and submit your application to adopt QWEL to the Sonoma-Marin Saving Water Partnership. This includes customizing the QWEL teaching materials for your region. At a minimum Section 1: Where our Water Comes From must be customized. Additional customization is encouraged, but not required. The application will be reviewed by the QWEL Board of Directors.
- Upon approval from the Sonoma-Marin Saving Water Partnership, apply to EPA WaterSense. Complete and submit an Application for Certifying Organization Approval and a Professional Certifying Organization Partnership Agreement to EPA WaterSense.
QWEL ADOPTING PROFESSIONAL CERTIFYING ORGANIZATION (PCO) FEES
The onboarding fee is a one-time fee to cover the administrative cost of establishing a new PCO. This includes:
- Establishment of new PCO on the QWEL website and association management system
- Access to QWEL teaching materials
- Access to QWEL marketing materials
- Access to QWEL program management software
- Instruction and training on the use of the program management software
Pricing may vary for PCOs with specific custom requirements. Other in kind arrangements will be taken into consideration upon request. Payable within 90 days of date of approval as a PCO.
|Type of Organization||$|
|Retail water agency with 3,000 or fewer connections; non-government organizations, and educational institutions||1,000|
|Retail water agency with more than 3,000 connections||2,500|
|Wholesale water agency and regional organizations representing multiple retail water agencies||10,000|
The annual licensing fee is to cover ongoing costs associated with the QWEL program such as
continued development of program materials and software licensing fees. The annual fee is based on the number of active certified professionals at the end of each calendar year and is payable by March 31. New PCOs approved on or before June 30 will be invoiced at the end of the same calendar year. New PCOs approved on or after July 1 will be billed at the end of the next calendar year.
|Number of Certified Professionals as of December 31
|0 to 100||500|
|101 to 500||1,000|
|501 to 1,000||1,500|
|1,001 to 2,500||2,500|
|2,501 to 5,000||5,000|