The South Metro Water Supply Authority (SMWSA) is pleased to offer the next QWEL class in Castle Rock, Colorado.
COST: The fee for this certification course is $100.00.
There are TWO steps to registering for this class.
1. Click the button below "Register for this Class" and follow the prompts to register for the QWEL database first (meaning your account username/email and password) and then this specific class next. Please use your personal email rather than current employer as this certification follows the individual rather than the company employee. This is also how you will receive your exam score, certificate once earned, updates and CEU opportunities in the future, so you must be in the QWEL database before receiving your certification.
2. Payment should be made after you register on QWEL. Please pay for your registration on Event Brite by clicking HERE.
MATERIALS: Materials will be provided in class and the reference manual can be viewed HERE. Please be sure to bring a pen or pencil and a calculator (smartphone apps are fine, but we ask that you use only the calculator during the exam).
The QWEL curriculum includes the following sections:
1. Where Our Water Comes From
2. Sustainable Landscaping
4. Landscape Water
5. Irrigation Systems
6. Irrigation Maintenance & Troubleshooting
7. Irrigation Auditing
8. Irrigation Scheduling
9. Irrigation Controllers
10. Bringing It All Together
LOCATION: This QWEL class will be hosted by Castle Rock Water (CRW). From Hwy I-25, you will take the Meadows Pkwy exit and then head south on Santa Fe Rd/US Hwy 85, and then make a slight right onto Liggett Road. From Liggett, turn left onto Kellogg Court, then look for and turn into Gate C. HERE is a map for parking. The training room is on the 2nd Floor.
WHEN (FOUR DAYS REQ'D):
1. April 6, 2020 - 8:00-5:00 POSTPONED
2. April 7, 2020 - 8:00-5:00 POSTPONED
3. April 8, 2020 - 8:00-5:00 POSTPONED
4. April 9, 2020 - Castle Rock Supplement - 9:00-12:00 POSTPONED
Lunch will be provided. Please contact Mikal Martinez with SMWSA (303-483-3143) directly to let her know of any serious allergies/restrictions you may have ahead of time.
The class includes an irrigation audit and exam, both of which are required to earn the QWEL professional certification.
Please arrive on time and prepared each day and plan to attend the full course.
Castle Rock Water
183 Kellogg Court
Castle Rock, CO 80109
View in Google Maps
Presenter: Lisa Darling, South Metro Water Supply Authority; Rick Schultz, Linda Gould, Castle Rock Water; Laura Coutu, ECCV; Nicole Opalinski, PWSD
When: Monday, April 6th, 2020 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Registration Closes: 04/06/2020
Sponsored by: South Metro Water Supply Authority
For more information, contact:Mikal Martinez
Register someone else for this class
(you'll need to logout and register the new user)