Maintain Your QWEL Training
QWEL is recognized as a U.S. EPA WaterSense labeled certification program. In order to keep your training current, QWEL graduates need to submit two (2) hours of continuing education units (CEU) each calendar year.
Submit Continuing Education Units
Use the links below to submit QWEL Continuing Education Units for your geographic region:
- Central Valley (Stanislaus, San Joaquin counties)
- East Bay (Contra Costa, Alameda counties)
- New Mexico
- North Bay (Sonoma, Marin, Napa counties)
- Sacramento Region
- Southern Utah
What qualifies as a CEU?
1. Attend irrigation or green industry short courses or seminars. Each hour of training equals one (1) CEU. An hour of training must have a minimum of fifty (50) minutes of training time. Refreshment and meal breaks are not eligible as training time.
2. Attend irrigation or green industry trade shows, field days or meetings. One (1) CEU per event.
3. Teach or attend an in-house irrigation training course. These courses will normally be conducted by irrigation or green industry manufacturers, distributors, dealer or QWEL trained inhouse company staff. One (1) CEU per hour will be accepted for each hour of instruction.
4. Attending Business or Industry-related Courses or Seminars such as Integrated Pest Management; Pesticide Application; Bay-Friendly Landscape & Gardening; Tree Pruning; Storm Water Management; etc. One (1) CEU per hour will be accepted for each hour of instruction.
5. Conduct irrigation audit. One (1) audit for one (1) CEU per year.
- Is automatic and occurs on December 31st of the year in which a person becomes certified
- No paperwork or CEU submissions are required
- After the first automatic renewal all certificates will be renewed annually on or before December 31st
- Two hours of continuing education units are required each calendar year
- There will be a one month grace period given for renewals, so all QWEL certificates that have not submitted their continuing education units by January 31stwill become non-active
- In order to become current/active the person must retake the QWEL exam